Corporate Citizenship 101: Environmental, Social, and Governance Fundamentals | HYBRID COURSE
Come for the full week of the Summit for the best available rate: Learn more
This one-day course is part of the Accelerated Certificate Summit, taking place Nov 18-22, 2019 in San Diego, CA. In addition the in-person program, attendees will also complete online coursework at their convenience before or after the event.
The Summit is designed to be flexible鈥攃ome for this one class, or the entire week to earn your Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice in HALF the time at HALF the cost: Learn more.
NOV 18, 2019 - 60% of executives say corporate citizenship is a large part of their business strategy.* Are you new to the field of corporate citizenship or work with CSR and sustainability colleagues and are seeking a better understanding of the industry? This introductory course to the field of corporate citizenship will translate the complex concepts, ideas, and language of corporate citizenship into practical and useful models and tools. This three-day course will provide participants with an overview of corporate citizenship trends.
Join Us and Learn:
- How to assess the fundamental principles and scope of corporate citizenship and the changing role of business in society.
- Leading practices for aligning, developing, and implementing corporate citizenship through the use of strategy.
- The key aspects and differences between essential reporting and standard frameworks including ISO, GRI, SASB, and CDP.
- How to address key audiences and leadership with concise, consistent messages.
- How to begin assessing programs and ensure desired outcomes and impacts.
This course is for:
Professionals with corporate citizenship responsibilities with introductory or no knowledge of the corporate citizenship industry. This course is also helpful for individuals from other functional areas such as public and government affairs, public relations, marketing and communications who have direct contact with key company stakeholders and/or who work closely with their company's community involvement function (e.g. public and government affairs, sustainability, corporate responsibility, public relations, marketing and communications).
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
Possesses a familiarity with employer鈥檚 environmental, social, or governance programs.
Professional credentials earned:
5 certificate units toward a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice, 1.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice.
* Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship. (2014). The State of Corporate Citizenship 2014. Boston: Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship.